Healthy Mini Pumpkin Muffins
With 100 calories for 3 mini-muffins, these perfectly
portioned bites stop morning or mid-afternoon hunger
pangs. They also make a nutritious after-school snack!
Makes: 20 servings
Serving size: 3 mini muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup lowfat granola cereal, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Paper-line or grease mini-muffin pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking
powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and oil in medium mixer bowl until blended.
- Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle each with about a ½ teaspoon of crumbled
granola. Press granola lightly into batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
into centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to
cool completely. Store muffins in covered containers or
resealable plastic bags.
Nutritional information per serving: 100 (3 mini muffins); fat 2.5 g; saturated fat 0 g; cholesterol 20 mg;
sodium 90 mg; carbohydrates 20 g; dietary fiber 1 g.